PINE ORCHARD CHURCH
The Old and the New
Missionary Baptist Church of Pine Orchard Community
1890 and 1960

 
The first church and school in Pine Orchard was established shortly after the Civil War when the first few settlers moved into the present Pine Orchard Comunity. First churches in the community were located in different places and of  log construction. The old building, above,  was constructed in 1890.  Work on the new church began in July of 1956 and was dedicated on Homecoming Sunday, September, 1960.


Return to PHOTO ALBUM


Return to MORGAN COUNTY HOME PAGE