Transcribed from Decatur County, Tennessee Cemetery Records, p. 291
Copyright 1984, Nathaniel A. Wesson Chapter #2396,
United Daughters of the Confederacy, Parsons, TN
Appears on this web site by permission
Located 7½ miles from Decatur County Courthouse on Highway 69S, turn at building known as Wheat's store, pass the homes of Vernon Adkisson and Bill Scott. Cemetery in pasture on right (property owned by Vernon Adkisson). Same area as Keeton, Simmons, Slater, and Ivey graveyards. This cemetery was indexed by Margarett Alexander on February 19, 1976. Thanks to Sarah Vise who went with her. They noted "15 unmarked graves."
Johnson, W. D. Johnston, Mar. 22, 1820-Feb. 29, 1865, "Dr."
Johnson, S. F., July 26, 1831-July 15, 1926
These graves have a very large double rock.)
Mrs. Mozelle Scott was interviewed on June 19, 1976 and she states Dr. & Mrs. Johnston had one son buried in this cemetery in an unmarked grave next to his parents. His name was William, called Bill, and he was about 75 or 80 years old at the time of his death on May 14, 1936.
Return to Decatur County, Tennessee Cemetery Records