Retyped for the page by Diane Payne
Barren Plains in the Fourth Civil District was settled about 1830. The first stores were conducted by G. B. Mason, Isaac Farmer, D. W. Taylor and Darby Ryan.
The business men of the present are Holman & Scott, and S. W. Dalton & Son, general merchandise. W. J. Benson has a saw-mill; W. A. Duer is a painter; W. T. Jones, carpenter; Paige & Bagbee, blacksmiths; John Scott and Miles Scott, physicians.
Return to the Robertson County Main Page