Retyped for the page by Diane Payne
Black Jack is a small village in the northern part of the county. It was located by Mr. Phillips in 1848, when he built a store-house and dwelling. There are two mercantile firms now doing business there--Samuels & King and Mr. True. Drs. Moore and Brodie are the physicians, and Kelly Bros. the blacksmiths. Crystal Fount Lodge, A. F. & A. M., was organized in 1859 with the following members: John S. Hart, W. M.; T. O. Tarperly, S. W.; J. A. McMillan, J. W.; J. W. Felts, S. D.; John Weir, J. D.; A. C. Cook, treasurer; J. M. Henry, secretary; C. W. Warren, Tyler; Henry Hart, Ed T. Hart, J. Babb, H. J. Crocker, G. W. Featherstone, J. Cheek, J. W. Howse and S. B. Jeringan. The following is a list of the Worshipful Masters since the organization: J. S. Hart, J. A. McMillan, T. O. Tarperly, T. M. Gorham, D. W. C. Randolph, T. J. Willis, J. Q. Ford and Dr. J. E. Moore.
Return to the Robertson County Main Page