Retyped for the page by Diane Payne
Mitchellville, a little village on the line between Robertson and Sumner Counties, before the era of railroads, was of some importance as a station on the Louisville and Nashville pike.
The first building was a tavern erected by one Mitchell about 1798.
A large grist and saw-mill was built by James A. Stewart about 1848. It is now owned by Hammond Bros.
Other business men of the present are Wright & Wright and Miller & Borthick, dry goods; Shaub Bros, tobacco dealers.
Return to the Robertson County Main Page