Retyped for the page by Diane Payne
Sadlersville, a station on the Louisville & Nashville Railroad, in the northwest part of the county, was located in 1871.
In that year W. R. Sadler, who was operating a mill on Elk Fork, built a depot, but it was not recognized as a station until two or three years later.
The first store-house was built and occupied by Mr. Sadler in 1871. Soon after A. M. Jones opened a dry goods store.
The individuals and firms engaged in business there at present are R. T. Hollins, dry goods; J. S. Johnson, groceries; Hallums Bros., and John Lockard, tobacco dealers; T. J. Mitchell, grain dealer, and Clark Talley, blacksmith. The town has a good school, and the erection of a church is under contemplation.
Return to the Robertson County Main Page