Turnersville Community
Goodspeed's History of Tennessee

Retyped for the page by Diane Payne

Turnersville, in the Seventh Civil District, was formerly of considerable importance as a shipping point for tobacco, etc., but since the building of the railroad the business has passed to other points.

The place took its name from Maj. Turner.

The first store was opened by William Bell in 1820. About 1846 a Masonic lodge was organized, but in 1858 it was removed to Port Royal, Montgomery County. The only store in the place is now conducted by E. J. Rawls. The physicians are J. R. & J. W. Dunn and E. J. Rawls.

Return to the Robertson County Main Page